Sunday, December 5, 2010

Beyond the Gaze of a Boy - Respite

Riley steps out, yelling, "Phone for you, J." I watch – both pleased and disappointed – as Jasper walks inside.

Taking my chance, I get out of the pool, grabbing a Coke from the cooler before finding a secluded, shaded spot.

Bella sits down a moment later, bumping against me, whispering, "Hey, you okay?"

My eyes flicker involuntary to the door he walked through, and then turn to gaze at the grass between my feet. I nod, shrugging.

"Yeah... no... I don't know..."

I sigh.

She pats my arm. "Why don't you-?"

"No!" I hiss, instantly contrite as I register her shock.


1 comment:

  1. very cute drabbles!!!
    keep posting them, they’re awesome!
    how old are the boys??? maybe16, 17? Am I right??

    have a nice day
    Tina

    ReplyDelete