Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Every Day, Forever - prequel for LexiFisher

EMPOV


Anger

"Damn it!"

I check the clock on my dashboard as soon as I start the engine. When I agreed to take one last call for Campus Geek just before the end of my shift, I didn't expect it to take nearly this long.

I was supposed to meet Edward at this party an hour ago – a party he didn't even want to go to.


A party I talked him into.

"Fuck!"

I swerve into traffic, running my fingers through my hair and glancing into the rear-view mirror. I really hope he's not too miserable there – and that he hasn't left.


Jealousy

I shove my keys into my pocket as I rush up the stairs. I nod to the people who call out my name, waving absently.

When I get inside, it's wall-to-wall bodies, but I ignore the people dancing. I scan the couches shoved around the edges, knowing that's where I'll find him.

I curse when he's not there.

And then…

"Oh, fuck no."

I've never seen red before, but I know the meaning of the phrase the instant I see them.

Some dude, his hands on Edward's hips, grinding against him and whispering something.
Edward, grinning lazily, drinking his beer.


Possessive

I stalk across the room, letting the excited whispers wash over me as people realize what's happening. Yanking the two guys apart, I keep my hand twisted in each of their shirts.

"What the hell is going on?" I demand.

"Emmett…" Edward says with a stupid grin. "There you are."

My jaw clenches as I realize that Edward's drunk as shit.

"Stay the fuck away from him." The asshole has the gall to smirk at my warning, and I narrow my eyes, pulling him closer. "He's mine."

"Didn't seem like it," the smartass says.

I shove him away in disgust.


Responsive

I don't speak as I lead Edward down the stairs by the wrist. I can't. If I do, I'll explode.

And maybe rip someone apart.

We finally make it outside, where it's relatively quiet, and Edward stumbles against my car when I let him go. He straightens up, looking at me in confusion.

"What the hell was that?" I ask, surprised when my voice comes out more hurt than pissed off.

He blinks at me, swaying, and I ball my hands into fists to keep from steadying him.

"I don't know," he answers, confused. "He asked me to dance and…"


Surrender

I scrub my face with my hands, trying to calm down. He's beyond drunk, and deep down, I know he would never have danced with another guy sober – hell, he'll barely dance with me.

"Why?" I ask, dropping my hands and hooking my thumbs in my pockets.

He swallows, his eyes trained on mine with that absolute honesty that comes with too much to drink. "Missed you," he mumbles. "Thought you decided... I mean, why would…"

I sigh. "Get in the car, baby."

He climbs in without protest, and I drive us to my place, trying to figure this out.


Addictive

As I drive, my anger simmers at the surface but underneath, a more powerful change begins to take place. I know what Edward was trying to say.

It's something I've been thinking about, too.

But fuck if I'm going to just let him go.

As soon as we're in my apartment, I push Edward against the wall, relishing the taste of him when he kisses me just as passionately.

"What did you think you were doing?" I ask hoarsely.

The miserable tone of his voice breaks me. "Doesn't matter anyway… graduation's soon, and… I mean, that's all we are, right?"


Claiming

Rage flares again – at him and at myself. I clench my jaw, putting a fist against the wall. "Look, maybe it's my fault you got that idea. Maybe I haven't been clear. But you need to get that shit out of your head. Right. Fucking. Now."

He looks at me, those clear green eyes glassy with alcohol but filled with something that looks like hope – and misery.

"You're mine," I say when he doesn't answer. "You're not some casual fuck, no matter what we started out as."

I catch the three little words that threaten to slip from my lips.


Passion

"That's what I want." His whisper is so low I can barely hear the words.

The ambiguity pisses me off – those four words could either crush me or make me happier than I've ever been.

He reaches out, putting his hand on my chest. "I want you. I just… you said… graduation and…" He blinks, confusion seeping in again. "You don't want to be with me. After."

A growl rumbles deep in my chest as I grab him and throw him over my shoulder. "I'll show you just how much I want you," I promise, carrying him to my room.


Lust

Edward's desire takes over as he works to undress me as soon as I drop him on my bed. He pulls me close, his hands roaming frantically from my shoulders to my thighs and back again.

I know what I want.

I want him. For however long he'll let me have him.

For always.

"What do you want?" I whisper.

He begins mumbling, his voice barely audible as his lips move across my skin. "Want you all the time. Love it when you call me 'baby'… need you…"

His broken ramblings continue, and one thing becomes clear.

He wants us, too.


Loving

"You're mine," I murmur. He wraps his legs around my hips, urging me closer.

My eyes are trained on his as I struggle not to tell him how I feel.

I want him to remember the first time I tell him I love him.

He watches me, and I feel my awed smile at how beautiful he is with his lips parted that way.
He mumbles something.

"Edward?"

"I love you, Emmett," he whispers, tracing my lips with his thumb. "It's okay if you don-"

I cover his lips with mine, stopping those horrible words.

"I love you, Edward."



No comments:

Post a Comment