Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Departure

A/N: Happy birthday,TwoWackyKids! We know we’re a day late, but we hope you had a fantastic day.
As ever, we don’t own Twilight, it owns us.

ooOoo


Drag

I sigh, glancing at the clock. “Guess this is it...”

Jasper's hand squeezes mine. He smiles sadly when I turn to look at him again. “It's only for a couple of weeks, babe.”

My own smile's brief at best as I nod. “I know. Just gonna miss you... it's not the same without you here.”

“Yeah, I know.”

We get up, throwing our empty cups in the trash before heading out of the cafe toward the train station.

We hold hands while we slowly walk the few blocks there.

Neither of us speaks, but the silence isn't awkward – it's comforting.


Platform

Stepping into the train station, my eyes are immediately drawn to the departure boards. I smile at what I see.

"Hey," I murmur, pulling him close. "'Fraid you're stuck here a little longer."

"Huh?" he asks absently, turning to look. "Damn it," he grumbles, sighing.

"Sorry," I whisper. "I know you wanted to be there early."

"If I could," he answers, and I hear warmth as he kisses my neck. "Since I can't... I plan to make the best of it. "

I kiss him softly, humming at his taste before he pulls away to say, "Let me call Pete."


Steal

I lean against the wall with my legs slightly apart, pulling Jasper to me by his belt loops as he talks to his older brother Peter, explaining about the delay.

Jasper grins at me, winking as his hand runs along my arm affectionately. “Yeah, I think I'll be okay making my connection. I'll call if anything changes.”

Kissing Jasper's jaw, I say, “Hi Pete. You better make sure you two behave while he's there.”

Jasper chuckles, nudging me playfully. “He says hi back, and he'll have the strippers waiting for me.”

I growl.

Jasper rolls his eyes, kissing me quickly.


Feign

As soon as he hangs up and drops the phone in his pocket, he puts his hands on my hips. “You know he’s joking.”

“Hmph,” I answer noncommittally, pretending to be annoyed.

“Pete thinks you’re good for me,” Jasper murmurs, kissing along my neck, “and I agree.” He continues whispering soothing words, his lips teasing my skin, and my eyes drift closed as I lean my head back against the wall.

When he pulls away at last, there’s a teasing tone in his voice. “Feel better?”

“Yup,” I answer with a grin. “You just do that so well…”

He laughs.


Seat

He glances at the clock, then at the departure board again. After scanning the area, he grins and pulls me to an empty bench. “Come on. Might as well get comfortable.”

When we're seated, he wraps his arms around me with a sigh. Kissing my temple, he says, “I really wish you could come with me.”

I groan. “I know. Wish I could, too.”

Unfortunately, being low man on the totem pole means work won't let me take the time off. It sucks, because now I can't be there to celebrate with Jasper.

Or see him give his sister away.


Promise

“Tell Emmett and Rose I said congratulations and I’m sorry I can’t be there. Okay?”

Jasper’s smile is lazy and indulgent as he brushes hair away from my face. “I know, baby. You’ve told me a few dozen times.”

I sigh and nod, swallowing against the urge to explain – again – how much I wish I could be there. Instead, I change the subject. “Promise me something?”

“Whatever you need,” he answers simply.

“Don’t hide from the camera this time. I want to see pictures of you.”

Immediately, he grimaces, and I rush to remind him, “You said whatever I need.”


Reluctant

He grumbles under his breath, and I catch, “Pain in the ass” and “I should've known” as well as a few other things.

I give him my best Puss-in-Boots-eyes, pouting a little – something that's never failed me with him. “Please, baby?”

He narrows his eyes, huffing before finally giving in with a peck on the lips and a quiet, “Fine, fine. I promise to be a good boy and smile for the camera.”

He groans and adds, “God, Alice will have a field day with this.”

I laugh, imagining how Rose's best friend will take it and run with it.


Speaker

His pseudo-grumbling is interrupted by the loudspeaker announcing his train. Despite his reassurances that it’s only a few weeks, he swallows hard and pulls me close.

“I’m going to miss you,” he murmurs, kissing me softly. “Don’t doubt that, okay?”

I smile, deepening our kiss with a soft hum. “I never do. I love you.”

He whispers his love in return, and then we both stand, double checking his bags and ticket. Well before I’d like, we’re moving toward the train hand-in-hand.

He disappears inside, and I watch from the platform, waving until the train is finally out of sight.

2 comments: