Sunday, June 19, 2011

Honeymoon

A/N: Happy birthday,KiyaRaven! We hope you have a fantastic day.
As ever, we don’t own Twilight, it owns us.

ooOoo


Early

I moan softly at the sensation of feather-light touches brushing all over my skin – caressing my face, my neck, my arms, my chest.

It feels like a dream and, at the same time, all too real.

But it can't be real.

Can it?

There's no way that everything I ever wanted – and everything I never knew I did – could have come true yesterday.

“Impossible,” I mumble drowsily, still mostly asleep and clinging to it.

A chuckle.

What the...?

“Wake up, my Bella.”

Edward?

I crack open an eyelid, barely registering the orange glow of the sun as it peeks in.


Bright

When my eyes adjust, the sunlight is streaming through the wide windows, framing Edward’s face and making him look even more like an angel than usual. I’m torn between staring and groaning, closing my eyes because I’m sure this has to be a dream.

He laughs. “Oh, no, you don’t…”

I mumble something – even I’m not sure what – and he shifts over me, his weight pressing me into the mattress as he kisses me softly.

“You’re mine,” he murmurs. “My wife.”

The near-growl in his voice makes me smile even as I return his kiss.

“I love you,” he whispers.


Remember

“I love you, too,” I hum.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I breathe in deeply and close my eyes as flashes of memory play in my head.

The beautiful dress Alice got me.

The hairpins from my parents.

Walking down the aisle with Charlie.

A sea of faces that faded away the second my eyes met Edward's.

Hearing his vows.

Barely making it through my own.

Our first dance.

The cake.

Flying.

I shift, frowning slightly at the unfamiliar ache coursing through my body.

“It's really real?” I whisper in awe.

“Every last bit of it, love,” he murmurs.


Indulge

With that, he kisses me deeply, his warmth spreading through me as his body moves against mine. My hands roam his back, drifting up to tangle in his hair and down again to rest on his hips. With all we’ve been through, I’d been sure this day would never come – and now that it has, I never want to let him go.

At long last, he pulls away with a hum and smiles down at me. “Come on… I have a surprise for you.”

I arch an eyebrow. “Sure you wouldn’t rather stay here?”

He smiles incorrigibly. “We’ll be back.”


Acquiesce

Putting up only a token protest, I get up. When he starts putting on clothes and hands me some as well, I grumble in earnest.

He chuckles, pulling the tank top over my head before kissing the top of it. “Come on, Grumpy. Let's get some coffee into you.”

Taking my hand in his, he guides me to the kitchen. Once I'm settled at the island, he bustles about for a bit before placing breakfast in front of me.

“Eat.”

I narrow my eyes at him. “What about-”

“Eat first, surprise after.”

I pointedly take a bite of my omelet.


Surprise

Despite my minor annoyance and impatience, we talk easily over breakfast. Edward somehow found time to slice fresh fruit as well, so we share that with our omelets. When we’re winding down at last, he smiles at me.

“Don’t get upset, okay?”

His words don’t match the excited gleam in his eyes, and I feel my heart rate double. “Why?”

He clears his throat and shifts on his stool, pulling something from his pocket. It looks like the same box that held my engagement ring, and I frown in confusion. “I already married you,” I point out.

He laughs softly.


Home

He places the box in front of me, nudging it when I don't move to pick it up.

My eyes flicker between Edward and the box. It isn't until his quiet, “Please, Bella?” that I slowly reach for it, opening it as if there were a snake inside – poised and ready to attack.

Instead, I find... “A key?”

I look up at him, puzzled.

Edward tugs at his hair nervously, grinning at me with excitement.

“Edward, what-?”

“It's ours,” he blurts out.

I blink. “What is? The key?”

He rolls his eyes. “The small cottage you fell in love with?”


Excitement

“Wait…” I blink down at the key in my hand. “You bought it?”

“Yeah. I just… you liked it so much.” He shrugs and runs his fingers through his hair.

“But I thought it needed all that work and…”

“It does.” He grins. “But Emmett’s already started on it, and we’re going to help when we get back, and-”

“Oh, my god! Really?” I interrupt, launching myself at him. He laughs as he wraps his arms around me, kissing my neck.

“Yes, really. I want you to have everything you want.”

“I do,” I whisper.

“So do I,” he murmurs.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, you two. I absolutely love it. You are far too kind to do something like that for me and I truly appreciate it.

    Love,
    Kiya x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're more than welcome, sweets. So glad you liked it *hugs*

    ReplyDelete