Friday, July 8, 2011

Unwind



A/N: Dear Conversed. We know you’re hiding, today, but we wanted to do something anyway. Happy Birthday, sweets.

As ever, we do not own Twilight - it owns us.

ooOoo
Stress

It’s been a long, tiring day after an exhausting week, but finally the time’s arrived: the weekend.

He always has a hard time unwinding, letting go of his office worries, so I insist we go out. I don’t tell him where we’re going, and at first he doesn’t even pay attention.

When we pass the bridge, something changes, and I know I have him. He sits a little straighter, a smile forming on his lips.

As soon as we get there, we both run, chasing each other until, finally, he hops on my back.

“Thanks,” he murmurs, kissing my neck.


Playful

One of my hands moves to grab his thigh, holding him up as I reach back with the other to ruffle his hair. “You’re welcome.”

I can feel the lift of his cheek against mine as he smiles. “How’d you know I needed this?”

“I know you,” I answer with a smile of my own that grows mischievous as I hook his arm and roll with him to the ground.

He laughs, picking up momentum to land on top of me. He pins me beneath him with a playful smile. “What’re you gonna do now?” he taunts.

“This,” I whisper.


Relish

One hand tangled in his hair, I pull him down and kiss him languidly while my other hand roams his back.

Edward hums, his eyes closing as he lets go. I can literally feel him relax and just allow himself to be – with me.

There's no frenzy, no rush, as tongues dance and fingers caress. Just a sense of peace and rightness that I've only ever experienced with him. It's the same for him – I know, because he tells me often.

He pulls away with a soft hum, pecks my lips once more, and then whispers, “I love you, Jasper.”


Content

He moves to his knees beside me before offering me his hand. When I take it, he stands and pulls me with him. Before I can ask where we’re going, he leads me to a tree and sits against the trunk, opening his arms to me. “Please?” he asks. “Can we just sit awhile?”

“Like you had to ask,” I tease.

He smiles softly. “I know I don’t. That’s why I do.”

I chuckle, settling into his arms. “You should’ve gone into philosophy.”

“Or psychology,” he counters, kissing my temple. “But then I wouldn’t have met you.”

“True,” I murmur.


Refreshed

We talk in hushed voices for a while about anything and everything that isn't work-related. Eventually, the sun sets and we grow quiet, watching the myriad colors across the sky – his chin on my shoulder, his arms wrapped lightly around me

My stomach growls, causing Edward to chuckle. I blush. He nuzzles below my ear, murmuring, “Papi's?”

Grinning, I turn to peck him on the lips. He knows my love of Greek food. “Chainti tonight?”

He nods, releasing his hold on me with a smile. “Of course.”

“You feeling better?”

He kisses me and smiles, whispering, “Always do with you.”

1 comment: