Thursday, July 14, 2011

News


A/N: Happy Birthday, Yellowglue! We hope you have an fabulous day.
As ever, we do not own Twilight - it owns us.
ooOoo


News

Edward's arm tightens around Bella, whose hands are folded tenderly over her stomach.

I feel Carlisle shift closer to me, his hand seeking mine even as I try to keep breathing calmly, sure I know what's coming.

“Mom, Dad...” Edward's smile brightens. “We're pregnant!”

Despite my best intentions to be the calm, collected grandmother-to-be, I squeal, clasping my hands to my mouth as I gasp, “Really?”

They beam, and I start asking questions in rapid fire.

“When are you due?”

“Is it a boy or a girl?”

Carlisle rubs my back, grinning when I squeal again, “Twins?!”

“Congratulations,” Carlisle says.  


Sentimental

As the news begins to sink in, the room around me blurs.

“Are you alright, Mom?” Edward asks in concern when I sniffle.

I wave him off, laughing and sobbing at once. “Oh, I’m fine. I just can’t believe you and little Izzy are old enough to have babies!”

“Uh oh,” he teases, “here she goes again. Just like the wedding.”

Bella laughs, hitting him lightly on the arm before leaning against him. “You leave her alone. I think it’s sweet.”

“You say that now. You know what’s coming out in a minute.”

I glance over to see Bella blanch.


Image

Before I can get up, Carlisle chuckles, reaches behind the sofa, and hands me the scrapbook that holds my most treasured memories of Edward.

As I open up the book, the thought occurs to me that I'll need new albums to commemorate the new additions. Each of my kids has their own, and I'm determined to do no less for my grandchildren.

My grandchildren! Oh, my...

I scoot closer to Edward and Bella, while Carlisle moves to sit on the armrest in order to see.

Bella blushes at the naked toddler pictures of the two of them in the pool.


Shake

We flip through, reminiscing about all the time we’ve spent together over the years. I pat Bella’s knee and say softly, “Who would’ve thought when your family moved next door that we’d be here now?”

She smiles and kisses my cheek. “I couldn’t be happier,” she murmurs.

“You’ve always been such a good girl.”

“This one’s my favorite,” Edward interrupts, and Bella and I exchange a smile. He was completely absorbed, as always.

We turn our attention to the picture he’s indicating, and Bella nods. “Mine, too.”

I smile at the very picture of innocence – two preschoolers sharing a milkshake.


Family

We sit and reminisce for another hour, sipping tea which Carlisle thoughtfully supplies. When Edward and Bella finally decide it's time to head home, they ask us one favor.

“Please don't tell anyone? We want to let people know ourselves.” Edward's eyes are on me, though he addresses us both.

“Sure, son,” Carlisle answers. I nod.

They leave after another round of hugs. Closing the door, I lean into my husband's side, sighing. “I can't believe we're going to be grandparents.”

He chuckles, kissing the top of my head. “Just wait. It'll be Alice's turn soon, I think,” he says.


Future

“No! It can’t be!” I blurt before I realize it.

“And why’s that? They are twins …”

“I know… but she’s my baby!”

He shakes his head, reaching up to cup my cheek. “I know she’s your only little girl. Mine, too, you know.”

I smile ruefully. “You’re right, I know. It’s just… are we ready for this?”

“Ready or not, it’s coming.” Turning off the light, leads me to our bedroom. “Just focus on all the babies you can spoil.”

When he sees the smile grow on my face, he kisses me softly. “That’s my girl,” he murmurs sweetly.

No comments:

Post a Comment