Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Away


A/N: Happy Birthday, Flea! We hope you have a fantastic day.
As ever, we do not own Twilight - it owns us.
ooOoo

Escape

We could have flown, but there’s something so freeing about running this way. Bella laughs in delight, jumping from rock to rock as she travels down the middle of the river. Her grace is stunning, her chestnut hair flowing behind her on the wind.

She is breathtaking.

Or would be, if I had to breathe. I pay more attention to her than I do my surroundings. No one ever comes out here to this remote place too far from civilization.

Still, I test the wind, finding no scents but our own and those of the wildlife.

We are blessedly alone.


Arrive

My eyes are on Bella as she suddenly stops, staring in awe at the sight before her. When I reach her, I take her hand, smiling.

"Have you ever seen anything as beautiful as that?" she whispers.

I chuckle. She turns to me with mock-irritation as she wags her finger. "Don't you dare say it, Edward! That's not what I meant, and you know it."

Grinning, I pull her to me and kiss her deeply. After a few minutes, I pull away, brushing strands of hair out of her face. “Ah, Bella, nothing could compare to you. Not for me.”


Narrow

She narrows her golden eyes at me. “I told you not to say it!” she accuses.

I just shrug, giving her the smile that still makes her eyes lose focus.

She stares at me for a moment, leaning closer before she suddenly pushes away and mutters, “Don’t do that either.”

Throwing my head back, I laugh and squeeze her just a little tighter in my arms. “What should I do then?” I murmur.

She smiles up at me sweetly before biting her bottom lip. She toys with a button on my shirt as she says, “I have a few ideas…”


Reveal

“Do you, now?” I murmur, my eyes locked with hers.

She hums, letting her hands trail up to my face. I gasp as she suddenly lifts the veil that normally keeps her thoughts hidden from me.

My fingers tighten on her sides as I see flashes of us, naked, swimming. Kissing. Caressing.

The longer she lets me inside her head, the more vivid and explicit the pictures become, until it's all I can do not to attack and ravage her right then and there.

My body's reactions are growing out of control, and a low growl builds in my chest.  


Tease

My hand slips beneath her shirt, teasing the skin of her back just as the veil falls back into place. At my pout, she smiles and presses up on her toes.

Her fingers tangle in my hair, and she kisses me hard, leaving me panting for breath I don’t need. Before I can ask why she pulled away, she grins wickedly. “You have to catch me first.”
The final word is still lingering in the air, but she is gone. I catch glimmers of her blue shirt across the lake and smile, growling as I throw myself into the chase.

1 comment: