Monday, August 29, 2011

Happy Birthday, Victoria


A/N: Happy Birthday, MommyKnitsJen! We hope you have a fantastic day.
As ever, we do not own Twilight - it owns us.
ooOoo

Fire

The look she gives me is withering and intrigued. I raise an eyebrow and step closer, breathing against her neck. “Do it… I promise you’ll love it.”

My fingers trail up her arms so lightly none but our kind would even feel it. She does, of course, and leans against me, pressing her lips to my long-dormant pulse point.

“I better,” she teases with a wicked glint in her eyes as she moves to obey.

I take a moment to admire my mate, lying there with her brilliant red hair creating a halo around her as she covers her eyes.


Prepare

I run quick as I can to where I hid my gift for Victoria, grinning at the thought of presenting it to her.

The girl is scared out of her mind; I can smell her adrenaline and fear permeate the air a mile away. Without bothering to untie her, or even pause long enough to get a proper hold on her, I drag the girl over my shoulder and run back to Victoria.

The muffled screams from the girl are like music to me, and I laugh, dancing a few steps as I reach Victoria.

“No peeking,” I admonish lightly.


Present

I put the girl on the ground. “Stay,” I order her calmly. “You won’t like what happens if you try to run.”

At that, she wails, and I frown at her for interrupting my moment. “Stop that.”

She sniffles and whimpers, but clamps her jaw shut. I give her a smile that makes her cower against the ground.

Ignoring her for the time being, I move to kneel beside Victoria. I run the back of my fingers along her smooth cheek and murmur, “What do you smell, my love?”

She inhales deeply and gives a humming sigh. “Fear… sumptuous blood…”


Taunt

Running my nose along her hairline, I hum with anticipation, grinning at the soft growl I hear emanating from my mate. “Now, now, love. Patience.”

She ceases abruptly.

The human's still whimpering, trying to inch herself away quietly. As if she could.

Kissing Victoria's forehead, I remind her, “No peeking.”

Before the human can blink, I'm behind her, gripping her hair so tight she howls in pain, even through the gag. I remove it from her and whisper in her ear, “Be a good little toy and scream. Let her hear what I'm doing to you.”

Oh, how she does.


Break

I relish the snapping of her bones, carefully orchestrated so they don’t puncture her skin. The blood begins to pool, mottling her flesh with, oh, so appetizing bruises. Venom fills my mouth, but I swallow it down, reminding myself that she belongs to Victoria.

First.

The human’s screams are titillating, mingling with the scent of her blood to bring me to the brink of frenzy.

When I am sure she’s ready, I return to Victoria’s side, leaving the helpless snack writhing on the rocky ground.

“Are you ready, my love?” I murmur into my mate’s ear.

“Please, James,” she whimpers.


Offering

Ordering Victoria to keep her eyes closed, I help her to her feet, wrapping my arms around her. Kissing her just below her ear, I whisper, “Open your eyes, baby.”

Victoria takes a lungful of air, tasting the scent on her tongue before lowering her hands from her face. Her eyes widen and she whips her head around to look at me. “She's lovely, James.”

I grin, kissing her briefly. “Glad you like her. She's going to taste divine.”

The girl stares at us, wide-eyed with tears streaming down her face, begging, “Please, please...”

“There's something else, too,” I murmur.


Butterfly

“Look closely, love,” I breathe.

She gasps. “Oh, it’s beautiful!” Her hand reaches up, grasping the back of my neck. Answering her silent plea, I lower my lips to hers.

She pulls away with a hum, and I lower my arms. Lifting her hand, she glances at her favorite ring – a gold filigree butterfly I gave her exactly one year after I gave her the gift of immortality.

In a flash, she lowers her hand and crouches, her gaze fixed on the matching butterfly around the human’s neck.

“Happy birthday,” I whisper for Victoria’s ears alone.

She smiles – and lunges.


Fragrant

Watching Victoria feed is an exquisite sight I'll never tire of. She's on the girl before the human’s even had time to open her mouth to scream, pulling the girl's head to the side roughly, grasping her hair so tightly I can hear the follicles tear from her head.

When Victoria's teeth pierce the girl's neck, she lets out a strangled scream, which cuts off abruptly when Victoria shifts the girl's head just enough to restrict airflow.

The scent of fear and blood fills the air, blossoming around me until I almost can't bear it, forcing myself to hold back.


Drop

Victoria lifts her head, turning her face to the sky as she licks her lips in ecstasy. She inhales deeply, unnecessarily, and when she lowers her face to meet my gaze, her eyes are vivid rubies.

Never looking away, she unclasps the necklace from the dead girl’s neck and holds it neatly in one hand as she lets the unfortunate creature fall to the ground. Stepping over the already forgotten corpse, she saunters toward me.

“Will you?” she asks, offering me the delicate chain.

“Of course,” I answer smoothly, taking it.

She turns her back and leans against my chest.


Appreciate

Pressing my lips against her neck, I clasp the necklace around it. The scent of blood is heavy in the air, and I growl, aroused as always after the hunt.

Victoria turns around in my arms, her lips instantly on mine. Forcing my tongue into her mouth, I relish the faint taste of blood mingling with the sweet taste of her venom.

She pulls away with a mischievous grin, purring, “Thank you for my wonderful gift, James. I love it. I'm looking forward to showing you how much...”

Grinning wickedly, I murmur, “That’s my gift,” before she kisses me softly.

No comments:

Post a Comment