Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Pack Rules


A/N: Happy Birthday, QueSarah! We hope you have a fantastic day.
As ever, we do not own Twilight - it owns us.
ooOoo

New
William Anthony Black, you get back here right now!

I growl, cringing at the very thought of having to use my Alpha voice to call my son, the newest member of my pack.

My son. That will never cease to freak me out a little. Who woulda thought that I'd ever be a
dad? Or a pack leader, for that matter. I sure as hell hadn't ever considered it.

Until Renesmee. She changed my life.

Dropping to my haunches, I wait for Billy. I'm vaguely aware of Leah shifting back to her human form, but I ignore her quiet caution.  

Eyes

Billy's thoughts swing between ecstasy – the thrill of running in his wolf-form – and downright fear. I sigh when I hear him wishing he could just run and hide.

He can't, though, and he knows it, but he still tries. His whine at being pulled by the Alpha's command can be heard for miles.

I growl in warning.

He slinks into the clearing, his head lowered as he peaks up at me with his bi-colored eyes – one blue, one brown.

Renesmee and Bella figure it's due to his being born by a half-vampire and a shapeshifter.

I just think it's cool.

Stern

What
have I told you about keeping a low profile, Billy?

He whines softly, giving me sad eyes.
Sorry, Dad. I didn't mean to! I just smelled the wolves and wanted to play. I didn't hurt them!

I roll my eyes, huffing. It isn't just that he shirked his classes, but that he shifted within line of sight of people. Of his
classmates, no less.
I don't care, Billy. You can't just shift whenever. Especially not in town! People aren't supposed to know, Billy. It isn't safe. For any of us, but most of all for you and your mom.

Better

Billy hangs his head. If he could, he'd be pouting. As it is, he's whimpering quietly.
I'm sorry, Dad....

Getting up, I walk over to my son, nudging his shoulder with my snout.
Also, your mom and grandma – I still have to fight the urge to chuckle at calling Bella that – will kill you if they find out about you ditching school. Again.

His head jerks up, his eyes flying wide.
Please don't tell them! I'll do better, I swear!

Grinning, I nod.
Yup, you will. Now, want to run patrol with me until dinner time?

He howls.
Race ya!


Meet

We circle around our lands, making a game of it. I keep my nose to the wind, but my mind is with the pup running beside me.

I’m not a pup!

I bark a laugh, tossing back my head to howl.

Renesmee is waiting when we get close to the house, and she blurs as she flashes out to join us. I feel whole somehow, running with the two of them. She takes the lead, directing us toward some of our favorite hunting grounds.

When we arrive, I shift, and she ignores my nakedness, pulling me close for a kiss.


Content

“Anything I should know?” she asks, raising an eyebrow.

I feel my forehead wrinkle. “Nothing you should worry about.”

She narrows her eyes – so like her mother’s – and studies me. “I heard him whining, you know.”

I nod, holding her gaze. She yanks me closer, making me stumble. I laugh and wrap my arms around her. “He’s okay… promise.”

“I hope so… for both your sakes.” That threatening grin is her father’s.

“Yes, ma’am.”

She nods, satisfied, and kisses me softly. “Dinner time,” she whispers.

I chuckle, watching my wife take off after my son before phasing to join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment