Monday, March 22, 2010

Marked Drabbles - Edward's Past by SorceressCirce

A/N: These five drabbles were written for YogaGal's birthday. (Happy birthday, bb!) Just a little background...they are from Marked, all Edward's point of view, and they cover his history. "Moving" is when he was twelve and moved to Memphis when his father died. "Home" is returning to Boston for college, and they progress from there. I hope you enjoy them!

----------
EPOV

Moving

I shift awkwardly from foot to foot and take a deep breath, gritting my teeth when it sounds shaky. I will not cry.

Not again.

“Edward!” I turn at the sound of my name. I see Emmett with his big, goofy grin as he waves at me, and I can’t help it.

My eyes go all blurry, and I squeeze them shut. I can feel myself shaking before Aunt Livy’s arms are around me.

“Shh…shh…I’m so sorry, Edward…” I can’t listen anymore, and I tune her out, but I hear my suitcase drop. My fingers grip her shoulders.

----------
Home

As soon as I see the frosted glass of the front door, I wonder if this is a mistake. It's so familiar, so welcoming, and just the sight makes my eyes sting and my breath catch.

How the fuck am I going to do this?

I thought I was coming home, but the cobblestone walk and the fragrant roses are only an echo, a mockery of when my parents lived here, back before they were callously snatched away from me, and I was left lost and alone.

And now I've left my only family behind to come back here.

Alone.

----------
First

I’ve never felt this before, this tingling in my toes and this hitch in my breathing. He’s so close… so very close… and as his brown eyes drift closed, I realize this is it.

Most men my age have had more than their fair share of kisses, but not me. I pause a moment longer, memorizing his full lips, the first that mine will ever know.

A smile flutters across my face, and I let my eyes close, tilting my head as I lean forward and claim his sweet lips. He gives a soft sigh, and our tongues meet.

Bliss.

----------
Beale Street

My eye are closed, my teeth biting into my bottom lip as my thumb drums on the bar and my head bobs, the rhythm of “The Thrill Is Gone” vibrating through my entire body.

“Jesus, can that dude eyefuck you any harder?” Emmett murmurs and laughs, jolting me out of my personal paradise of blues and beer.

I follow his gaze. My eyes widen when I catch sight of a dark-haired man at the end of the bar, his eyes smoldering and locked on me.

Fucking right.

I lick my lips before taking a sip of my beer and winking.

----------
Paris

My body aches, exhausted from days spent roaming Paris, one walking tour after another. As we enter the plush hotel room Alistair secured, I go straight to our bed, falling face first with a groan.

His chuckle is broken by the sound of the lock clicking into place, and my hips shift, my body instantly more alert.

The mattress depresses as his knees go to either side of my hips, his body hovering over me as his lips find the damp skin of my neck.

His hands massage my shoulders as he whispers, “Just how tired are you, my love?”

5 comments:

  1. I love the wonderful insight we get into Edward's past. His heartbreak and lust were very lovingly written. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, lovely! I'm really glad you enjoyed them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the peeks into Edward's past. I always love getting more background our the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had noticed this sooner. What a great glimpse into Edward's past!

    ReplyDelete