Monday, March 21, 2011

Eye Candy - chapter 80 - Silence

His heavy footsteps and Odin's claws on the tile are the only sounds in the house. I'm intensely aware of him just behind me. I can sense his hesitation, his hope, his despair.

But it's overshadowed by my own pain of loss.

I work to harden my heart as I walk to the kitchen. He follows me, and I take a deep breath, closing my eyes before I turn around and lean against the counter.

He stands in the doorway, eyes boring into mine.

"Jasper, please…" he whispers.

I make my voice cold, my tone final. "You have five minutes."



3 comments:

  1. Still killing me.

    But why isn't this updating on ff.net anymore? :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 minutes oh no.. E better talk fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. E you have 5 minutes, use them wisely.

    ReplyDelete