Sunday, April 24, 2011

Booking It - Birthday Drabbles for magan bagan

A/N: Happy birthday, magan bagan! When we heard it was your birthday, we wanted to do a little something special for you. We know you’re an ExB girl at heart, so we switched things up a bit. Hope you enjoy it - and have a wonderful day!

Love and hugs,
naelany and SorceressCirce


Blush

My gaze wanders up from the book I'm supposed to be studying, and I catch Bella staring at me. She blushes and looks down quickly, shifting in her seat.

I wonder – again – how in the world I got here.

What does she see in me?

Adjusting my glasses, I force my eyes to trace the words on the page, but it's hard. I don't need to study for Biology, but when Bella asked me to come to the library with her, I couldn't refuse. I still can't really believe we're… dating.

Just the thought brings a smile to my lips.



Sigh

A soft sigh causes me to look up at her – just over the rim of my glasses, in an attempt not to be too obvious. She's biting her lip, blushing slightly as she runs her fingers determinedly through her hair – all tell-tale signs that something's on her mind.

Wonder what's wrong?

She casts a glance my way, her cheeks reddening further as she catches me watching her. When she licks her lips, I abandon all pretenses and raise my head to meet her eyes.

I lean forward a little to whisper, "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just..." She sighs again.


Distraction

"Nothing," she mumbles at last, shaking her head as she looks down at her book. She exhales heavily, but when she doesn't look up after a while, I frown and go back to my reading.

She moves, tucking one leg under her, and her other foot begins brushing my ankle. My attention focuses instantly on the contact, and I wish more than anything that we were alone.

We haven't done more than kiss – and that, not often – but something in her touch gives me the courage to try. If only we weren't surrounded by other students who actually are studying.


Abrupt

I try to focus on my reading. I really do. But when her bare foot begins to travel up under the hem of my pants, it takes everything I have to stay in my seat. I don't know whether to cry in joy or in frustration at the fact that she decided on flip flops today.

All I do know is that the need to be alone with her is getting too much.

Suddenly, all contact is gone as she excuses herself, muttering about checking something.

Adjusting myself, I watch – mouth gaping and wide-eyed – as she goes to the computer.


Help

It's not until she walks back toward me that I realize I didn't look away once. Since I'm already the creepy, staring guy, I keep my eyes on her.

She stops in front of me, leaning on the table. My eyes feel drawn to the little dip in the top of her shirt, but I carefully watch her face.

"Can you help me?"

"Of course," I answer immediately. My chair scrapes the floor as I stand, making me wince.

Bella doesn't seem to notice. "I don't know where to find this number," she says, handing me a slip of paper.


Elevator

Frowning, I study the board by the elevator. After checking the slip Bella handed me again, I glance at her. "Are you sure this is the right book?"

She nods, biting her lip as her blush creeps up her neck. "Yes. Have to reference some German philosopher for my paper."

Scratching the back of my neck, I mumble, "Alright..."

Another look at the board confirms that we have to go to the top floor, so I press the button to call the elevator.

Three other people are in the small confines with us, so I try to keep to myself.


Press

Bella stands a little too close to me, crowded by the other passengers. I move a little away, needing some space, but she follows me. Her hand slips into mine, and I glance down, smiling at her.

Two of the people get off on the second floor, and my heart skips in anticipation, but the third stays on. Bella mumbles something under her breath when he gets off on the floor before ours.

When the doors open on the top floor, I wonder again if we're in the right place. The stacks here have an empty feeling, isolated and dark.


Dust

Consulting the slip of paper, I frown, wondering again why she'd need a book on German philosophy for her paper. Shrugging, I turn right, my eyes flitting between the numbers on the ends of each row.

"Think it's down here, somewhere," I mumble, having to squint now to even see the signs.

I hear Bella as she follows me, muttering under her breath.

Just as I turn to ask her what's wrong, she takes a deep breath and grabs my elbow, dragging me further down the aisle before abruptly ducking between rows. I follow, too stunned to do anything else.


Shock

"Bella, what are you-?"

"Shh…" She cuts me off with a finger over my lips as she leads me to the end of the row. I know we're in the wrong place, but I don't care when she leans back against the shelf and puts her hands on my hips.

"Kiss me," she whispers, flushing furiously.

I blink, unsure if I heard right, and she half-grins as she lifts up to her toes and presses her lips against mine. I moan quietly, tilting my head and leaning closer to her.

I feel exposed, but I don't ever want to stop.


Cover

When she slips her tongue tentatively past my lips, it's almost too much. The possibility of getting caught sends my cheeks flaming even as my own tongue flicks out to meet hers.

I do the only thing I can think of and grab a random book off the shelf. Opening it, I hold it up by our faces in a vain attempt to hide us from view – not that there's anyone but us on this floor at the moment.

Bella's fingers tangle in my hair, and I groan. She pulls away and whispers breathlessly, "Want to get out of here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment