Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Long Distance

A/N: Happy Birthday, KnitMo. We hope you have a great day. Alice and Jasper wanted to share a little with you, so enjoy!
As ever, we do not own Twilight.

ooOoo


Lonely

“I miss you, baby.” I sigh as I type the words, pouting a little.

“Miss you, too. Smile, Sugar, don’t worry. Finals’ll be over for you soon.”

My lips twitch into a smile automatically as I read his words of love and encouragement. I hate being away from him, but it’s because of Jasper that I’m even in college.

If it hadn’t been for him insisting I work on making my dreams a reality, I would have stayed back home. Why? Because I’m in love, and the very thought of not being with Jasper every day nearly broke my heart.


Fuzzy

My phone buzzes in my pocket as I’m walking across the Quad. Pulling it out, I smile at the sight of Jasper’s icon before running my thumb across the screen to read his text.

Felt the urge to see you and thought you might feel the same – always, J

I flip to the attached picture to find Jasper leaning against a wall, his hair all a mess, wearing the leather necklace I gave him. The picture is blurry and off-center, but his crooked smile is clear.

I run my fingers through my hair before taking a picture of my own.


Study

Tanya, Felix, and Zafrina are arguing over the material we're supposed to be studying for our finals. I try to pay attention, but I keep losing my focus.

The day is beautiful, but even though I'm surrounded by my friends, I feel lonely.

With a shake of my head, I scold myself. I have to get through this with high marks. I owe it to myself and my scholarship – and to Jasper. I can't let him down, not when he's been nothing but supportive.

Frowning, I counter Felix's argument, and I finally lose myself in our work for a while.


Shadow

Where are you?

I frown at the unusually abrupt text from Jasper before answering.

In the Quad studying for my Psych final. Everything okay?

I drop my phone into my lap and try to pick up the thread of the discussion again. Before I get very far, Tanya says, “Hey, Ali? Can you look up that thing about Carl Jung again?”

I grin at her and nod, reaching into my bag for my book. I’ve just opened it when a shadow falls over the page, making it hard to read.

“Hey, do you think you could…” I begin, turning around.


Shriek

Even with the glare of the sun behind him, I'd recognize him anywhere. His blond curls almost seem to form a halo around his head, and I briefly wonder if I really am seeing an angel.

Then he crouches down beside me, grinning mischievously even as I launch myself toward him with a shrill, “Jasper!”

He laughs lowly, wrapping his arms around me as we tumble onto the grass, thanks to my momentum. He looks up at me with bright, happy eyes. “Hey, darlin'. Good to see-”

His words are stifled as I plant a searing kiss on his lips.


Amused

Jasper’s arms tighten around my waist, his head tilting as I taste him for the first time in what seems like ages. My hands slip up, my elbows on the grass as my fingers tangle in his hair. I could stay like this forever and be completely happy.

“Uhh…” Felix’s voice breaks through my content haze.

I hear giggles, and then Zafrina says, “Ali? Should we… go?”

“Oh!” I say, my head jerking up. Jasper laughs beneath me, and his hand reaches up to brush along my cheek, drawing my gaze again.

He sits up slowly, never letting me go.


Torture

Though I want nothing more than to stay in his arms, I reluctantly get up, pulling him with me. He stays close, always touching me, even as I introduce him to my friends.

Tanya's smile is almost lecherous as she leans forward, her eyes flickering from mine to Jasper's. “Where the hell have you been hiding him, Ali? No fair not to share with the rest of the class, you know.”

I glare at her, but Jasper's chuckle as he kisses me below my ear and Tanya's wink set me at ease.

Still, I'm counting the seconds until we're alone.


Excuse

We sit talking with everyone until Zafrina closes her notebook. “Well, it’s really nice to meet you, Jasper. I hate to run, but I have to work.”

I catch her eye, sending her a silent thank you – I know her shift doesn’t start for three hours. As soon as she stands, the rest of us do as well. Felix shakes Jasper’s hand and asks how long he’ll be in town.

Cutting his eyes to me, Jasper says, “Well, I need to talk to Alice about that… but hopefully until Sunday.”

A thrill shoots through me as he squeezes my hand.


Walk

We walk back to my dorm, holding hands the whole way as I bombard him with questions.

How did he get here?

When?

Why didn't he say anything?

His grin is bemused as he answers each and every one, occasionally pausing to kiss my fingers. When we get to my place, I frown at him. “Where will you be staying?”

He licks his lips and blushes slightly. “I got a room over at the Phoenix Inn. Figured we could both stay there?”

With a squeal, I jump into his arms, my book bag falling to the floor. “You're the best!”


Anticipation

Jasper sits on my bed as I throw clothes into my suitcase. We talk easily, both asking and answering questions as we work to catch up on all the things we’ve missed.

I’m walking by when he catches my hand and pulls me into his lap. “I had to see you, Ali… I really hope you don’t mind. I just… couldn’t wait anymore.”

“Don’t be ridiculous,” I whisper, kissing him. “It’s perfect.”

He smiles and hums. “In that case… finish packing so I can show you how much I missed you?”

My grin broadens. “I love the sound of that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment