Saturday, May 28, 2011

Two of a Kind

A/N: Happy Birthday, SassyGeminiMom. Hope you have a wonderful day.
As ever, we do not own Twilight - it owns us.

Snapshot
ooOoo



Fucking beautiful.

Quickly snapping the picture, I stand and watch in awe, my mind drifting to Jasper. Everything here seems to remind me of him.

The desert sand brings his tanned skin to mind; the stormy blue clouds the way his eyes change from light to dark when we make love.

God, I miss him.

A derisive snort brings me back to reality.

I scowl at Rose. “What?”

She shakes her head, grinning. “Never figured you for such a sap, Cullen.”

I roll my eyes. “Oh shut it, Hale. You miss Em just as much.”

“Two more days,” she sighs.


Long

Those two days pass agonizingly slowly. Despite our desire to get back to the men we love, Rose and I don’t shirk our assignment – we never have.

We’ve been partners for years, scouring the globe to capture it all: the breathtakingly beautiful and the heartbreakingly desolate. She writes the words that make my pictures sing, and we’ve experienced it all together.

Many people speculated that we were together – until I met her twin brother, and it became clear to the world that there was only one Hale for me.

On the final morning, the sun-kissed sand dances like his hair.


Return

Rose is typing furiously on her laptop, ignoring the steward’s attempts to get her attention, so I end up ordering for us both. As usual.

It’s her way of trying to forget how much she misses Emmett, by burying herself with work. Especially those last few hours away.

They’re always the hardest, it seems.

Me, I can’t focus for shit, as usual. So I’m stuck watching some lame movie I’ve seen too many times, while my mind keeps going back to Jasper.

I can’t wait to hold him in my arms again. Three weeks is too long for my liking.


Arrival

The landing gear squeals on the tarmac as we touch down and gradually slow. My breathing speeds proportionally as a smile grows on my face.

I know he’ll be there, waiting for me. Just like always. His hair will be messy because he keeps pulling at it, and his eyes will be anxious until his lips turn up into a smile at the sight of me.

I wish I could really explain to him how much that smile means to me.

My own smile is rueful as I realize Rose is right – I am a sap.

And I don’t care.


Almost

We follow the throng of people to the baggage claim area, quickly finding and piling our things on top of our cart.

Though Rose tries to hide it, her eyes are just as eagerly scouring the area as mine are, hoping for that first glance of our men. She finds them first – her squeal giving her elation away.

I quirk an eyebrow at her, but she merely sticks her tongue out at me before pushing the cart toward Emmett. Following the beeline she's making, I spot Jasper, and I sigh in relief as I see him smile.

Only seconds, now...


Reunion

Jasper steps toward me just as I reach for him, and our collision is hard enough that we would’ve bounced apart if we weren’t both holding on so tight. His lips press beneath my ear as he whispers, “God, I’ve missed you.”

I smile, burying my face in his neck. “I missed you, too.”

With that, I lift my head, and his lips find mine immediately. I moan softly, unable to help myself, as Jasper’s hands splay along my back, pulling me closer.

When we part at last, he smiles. “Welcome home, baby.”

“Damn good to be back,” I answer.


Tease

Cupping his cheek, I stare into his eyes, unable to keep the grin off my face. Everything and everyone else around us is forgotten.

That is, until Emmett nudges my shoulder and says, “You two had better get a move on if you want a ride back into town, or I'm leaving without you.” With a grin, he adds, “Gotta get my Rosie home.”

To emphasize his point, he growls and plants a searing kiss on her lips, pulling her closer and tipping her like they do in the movies.

Jasper rests his forehead against mine, chuckling. “C'mon,” he whispers.


Home

The sound of Jasper’s keys hitting the hardwood floor is loud, but I barely notice because his arms wrap around me, pressing me against the wall as he kisses me urgently. He whispers, “I need you.”

I let my head fall back against the wall as I smile and close my eyes, taking a moment to relish his passion and desire.

When his hands reach my hips, I bring his lips back to mine. “Take me to our room.”

His eyes meet mine, and I add, “Now.”

He grins, kissing me once before taking my hand and leading the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment