Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Red


A/N: Happy Birthday, Captain Jezebel! We hope you have an awesome day, with lots of family and love and, well, let’s be honest, boys ;-)
As ever, we do not own Twilight - it owns us.
ooOoo


Red

God, I love this time of year.
I can’t help smiling as I run my favorite route, taking in the beautiful sights. The whole street’s ablaze in shades of red and brown. The air’s filled with autumn smells.
My eyes fall on a guy stretching, preparing to run. I come to a dead stop as I take in his lean form, but my breath catches at the sight of hair that rivals the colors around us.
“Beautiful,” I whisper.
He pauses mid-stretch, turning to me with surprise. The grin that forms as he looks me over has my heart racing.


Invite

I stand there, speechless and motionless, for a beat too long. His smile fades, and he gives a little wave before turning away.

I can’t stop my hand from reaching out or my mouth from opening any more than I can make any sound come out.

He catches me that way when he looks back over his shoulder from a few feet away. “Coming?” he asks, letting his eyes roam.

Before I can answer, he takes off, running quickly enough that I have to sprint to catch up – after I finish checking out his ass.

I’m not missing this chance.


Breathless
We've been running in silence for a good ten minutes, and not for lack of my trying to get my mouth to cooperate enough with me to form actual sentences.
It's as if every time I try, I'll catch a glimpse of him – the way his body moves, or his lips quirk up into a delectable grin, or his eyes as they continually seem to devour my body – and I lose all train of thought.
Except for one. Well, two, actually.
He's fucking hot, and I want him.
I struggle to control my breathing when his arm not-so-accidentally grazes mine.


Stride

Eventually we fall into step, the length of our strides matching perfectly. Somehow, the stress of what to say melts away. Our silence becomes comfortable, and I find that I like running with someone this way, which is surprising since it’s always been a solitary activity for me.

Even stranger, since I don’t even know this gorgeous man’s name.

He takes the lead, choosing a twisting side road that I’ve never followed. I find myself wondering what else I may have missed.

When we complete our circuit, he smiles, wiping sweat from his forehead.

“I’m Edward,” he says simply, breathlessly.


Enjoy
After I introduce myself properly – thankfully without making a complete idiot of myself in the process – we talk as we go through our cool-down stretches.
Once again, I'm taken aback at how comfortable I feel around him, and I'm sorry that our time is coming to an end.
Edward's thoughts seem to be along the same lines as he straightens up, his lip caught between his teeth as if making up his mind. When our eyes meet, though, he grins. “There's supposed to be a great little cafe that serves breakfast not far from here. Care to join me, Jasper?”


Want

Our plans made, we head toward the small parking lot not far away. Other than my motorcycle, the only vehicle there this early is a very shiny, very expensive-looking silver car. Like my bike, it seems built for speed, and I bite the inside of my cheek as I picture Edward driving it.

He groans softly at my side, and I cut my eyes at him. “What?”

Clearing his throat, he shakes his head. “That your bike?”

I nod, smiling. He shakes his head again, biting his lip with a devilish grin. All he says is, “Nice. Meet you there?”


Absorbed
Once at the cafe, we manage to find a quiet table by the windows, the only one left.
After we've placed our orders, we both look around appreciatively as he tells me he'd found it on the internet when he researched the area before moving here.
Watching him as he talks about his recent move for his work, I'm enthralled. By everything.
The way he sounds.
How he seems so relaxed and confident.
The way his lips keep quirking up in a way that makes me want to reach out and kiss him.
His calf as it rests against mine.


Curious

“So now you know why I’m here,” Edward teases, grinning. “What about you?”

“It’s my home,” I answer automatically, stirring my coffee.

He raises one eyebrow, the simple gesture making the corner of my lips lift with it. I can’t help but chuckle.

“Seriously, there’s not much to tell. I was born here. My family’s here.”

“You’ve never left?” he asks incredulously.

I sip my coffee. “I didn’t say that. I went away for college. I just… came back.”

“Why?”

He leans forward, listening with interest when I tell him how my parents accepted my sexuality – much to my surprise.


Linger
We talk for hours, trading stories back and forth about our families and our experiences coming out. He asks me again why I'm here, and I glance outside, smiling when I see the brilliant colors that paint the streets.
My eyes flicker back to Edward – and his hair – causing me to blush a little. “Why wouldn't I be? It's beautiful here. How could I not love it?”
Edward's lips twitch as he catches me looking again. Checking the clock, he laughs. “Jasper, how'd you feel about having lunch with me?”
“When?”
He tilts his head to the clock, grinning. “Now.”


Amused

“Should we ask for menus?” I ask dryly.

He laughs again and reaches over to squeeze my hand. It’s the first time he’s touched me overtly, and I find that I like it – a lot. “Actually, I was thinking maybe a change of scenery’s in order.”

I shoot him a questioning look, but he doesn’t elaborate. All it takes is one glimpse of his face – those full lips, that strong jaw – and I nod. “Sure, I’m in.”

“Perfect. How do you feel about Mediterranean?”

This time I raise an eyebrow. “Love it. Didn’t know we had any around here, though.”


Surprise
His grin widens, and a wicked gleam flashes through his eyes. “We don't.”
I blink and frown, puzzled. “Then where-?”
He tangles our fingers together, his eyes intent on mine. “I'm a great cook,” he says simply.
My breath hitches, and my cheeks flame. Just the thought of being alone with him is enough to stir me, and food is the last thing on my mind.
As if reading my mind, he leans forward, whispering, “If you're lucky, I might even offer dessert.”
“Oh Jesus,” I breathe, causing him to chuckle.
I'm startled to find his brazenness turns me on.


Detour

After some debate, we both settle into Edward’s car. The leather seats are amazingly comfortable, and the gadgets on the dash strengthen my assumption about the car’s value. I don’t focus on it, though, choosing instead to steal glances at Edward as he sings along with the radio.

We stop at the grocery store, where I follow him while he shops. He walks with a purpose, asking questions about my preferences now and then. The cart fills with fresh fish, herbs, and vegetables before he stops near the bakery and asks with a grin, “What did you want for dessert?”  


Bold
Normally, I'm not this forward. I'm more a laid-back kinda guy, but something about Edward – the confidence and comfort he radiates – allows me to step out of my comfort zone.
My fingers dance along his arm up to his neck where I tease his hair at the nape as I lean in and whisper, “Are you an option?”
My heart's hammering in my chest as I watch his eyes darken, an oath too low for me to catch completely falling from his lips before they turn into what I now recognize as his signature grin.
“You never know,” he teases.


Tease

When we get to Edward’s house, he takes me on the grand tour, showing me the entire downstairs as we wind our way over the hardwood floors to the kitchen. Every room seems made mostly of windows, giving a breathtaking view of the colorful trees.

“What? Not showing me what’s up there?” I joke as we pass the stairs.

“Dessert,” he quips.

When I see the teasing look on his face, I decide on a little payback. “Hmm… maybe. If you’re as good a cook as you say.”

His green eyes darken as he mutters something and sets to work.


Sense
Watching Edward cook is sheer torture. Never, in my entire life, would I have considered preparing a meal to be something akin to foreplay, but he soon teaches me differently.
The muscles in his arms ripple as he slices, grates, and chops his way through the various ingredients. Every so often, he pauses and grins, placing an olive on his finger before bringing it up to my mouth. A quirked brow is the only invitation.
I moan softly as I let it slip past my lips, getting my first taste of him, all mixed in with that of the food.


Decanting

Sitting on the expansive wooden deck, I watch through the wide window as Edward pours the wine into the decanter. I find myself unexpectedly relaxed and decide to simply enjoy it and see where the rest of the afternoon takes us.

When Edward appears at the French doors with the tray, I stand and open it for him smoothly, earning a smile and an appreciative roaming of his eyes as he passes by.

He places the wine tray on the table with our meal and sits, pouring us each a glass. “To chance meetings,” he murmurs as our glasses clink.


Decadent
I take a moment to stare at my plate in wonder – everything looks and smells divine, and I can feel my mouth watering. Glancing up at him, I smile and murmur, “Thank you.”
He grins. “My pleasure. Here, try this.”
He scoops a dollop of hummus onto a piece of warm pita and brings it to my lips, his eyes locked with mine.
Accepting his offering, I moan as the flavors hit my tongue. It doesn't escape my notice how his pupils dilate at the sound or how he shifts subtly in his seat.
His thumb brushes along my lips.


Subtle

It seems another silent invitation, and I lean forward until my lips are only a scant inch from his. He smiles mischievously. “Uh uh… you said dessert,” he whispers, licking his bottom lip.

“That so?” I murmur, staying where I am.

“Yes,” he answers, playfully adding, “damn you.”

“You don’t seem like much of a rules follower,” I observe.

“I’m not.” His cheek brushes mine as his breath fans over my ear. “Except when it’s fun.”

With that, I sit up straighter, narrowing my eyes as I begin to play his game, taunting him with accidental caresses and appreciative moans.


Bite
Through our teasing and taunting, we still manage to talk about seemingly everything. The more I hear, the more I want him.
And I'm at the point where I'm damn sure going to do my best to get him.
Today.
It's with some effort on both our parts that we don't rush through the meal. Edward truly is a wonderful cook, and I couldn't bear the thought of dismissing all his efforts by not thoroughly enjoying the meal.
Finally, though, I swipe the remnants of hummus off my plate with the last piece of pita bread.
Edward does the same.


Torment

With warm, soapy water nearly up to my elbows, I’m defenseless when Edward bumps my hip with his. It’s such a casual, comfortable gesture that I’m briefly taken aback. “What?” I finally ask.

“Nothing,” he answers with a smile that seems torn between amusement, frustration, and gratitude. “Dishes could’ve waited, you know.”
I give him my best impish grin. “But following the rules is fun.”
He grumbles wordlessly as he takes the plate from me to rinse, but as he dries it and goes to put it away, his lips brush the back of my neck. “So is breaking them.”


Taste
“You don't say?”
He puts the plate away and throws the towel on the counter as he presses against me, pinning me between him and the sink. He nuzzles just below my ear. “Mhmm.”
My breathing speeds up when he whispers, “I think it's time for dessert now, Jasper.”
Drying my hands quickly, I turn around, searching his eyes as I tease, “I don't know about th-”
His lips are on mine before I can finish my sentence. My eyes close, my fingers tangle in his hair, and I groan.
Sweat, a hint of garlic, Chardonnay, and something else.
More!


Gritty

Any hint of awkwardness at this first kiss fades quickly, giving way to insistent lips and tongues. Edward’s hands trail down my sides to grasp my hips, pulling me to him roughly.

He breaks our kiss to whisper, “I know this is probably incredibly forward, but will you take a shower with me?”

I pull back to look at him, smirking at our running gear as his question draws my attention to my own dried sweat. Before I can answer, he leans in, breathlessly adding, “I never do this, if that’s what you’re wondering. I just have to have you.”


Trust
Why, I'm not sure, but I believe him. I don't know the man from Adam, but something deep inside is telling me to trust him. To take this opportunity he's giving me to be with him with both hands, and never let go.
My gut's never led me wrong, so I nod even as my lips find his again. He moans into the kiss, deepening it, and his fingers knot into my hair.
For several minutes, we stand like that, clinging to each other and kissing as if our very lives depended on it.
Maybe they do; I don't know.


Pause
Despite our comfort level just before, I feel a little awkward stripping in front of Edward. In the bathroom, he rips off his shirt off and lets it fall to the floor before reaching into the shower to turn it on.

My hesitation begins to melt away when he returns to me and puts his hands on my hips. “Say the word, and I’ll step out. We don’t have to do this,” he whispers just before his lips brush mine.

Something about being given a way out makes me realize I don’t want to take it. “Get in the shower.”


Heat
The moment we step under the spray, we're attached at the hip, chest, and lips, our arms tight around shoulders and waists. Both of us moan at this first exquisite feeling of skin against slick skin.
I know where this'll end – I’m desperate for it – but I also want to make it last.
Edward seems to be of a similar opinion, but it still surprises me when he slows down with a hum and pulls away. When he begins to reverently wash my body from head to toe, I could almost melt into a puddle.
“Oh my God...” I moan.


Turn

When his hand wraps around my cock, my eyes flutter closed, and I lean back against the shower wall. He caresses and strokes, teasing playfully. When he finally deems me clean, he presses his body against mine, not speaking as he kisses my jaw.

It takes long moments before I can make my mind function properly, but at last, I gently push him away. “My turn,” I whisper.

He moans softly, biting his bottom lip as he turns around at my insistence. As I sink to my knees to wash his legs, I can’t help playfully biting his beautiful ass.


Escalate
“Oh, shit,” he gasps in surprise, jerking away from me with a breathless laugh.
Grinning up at him, I make quick – but efficient – work of cleaning him. Thoroughly. His moans and whimpers grow as I pay special attention to every erogenous zone I know – and discover a few of his I hadn't ever considered.
When he's finally reached his limit for what he can take, he grabs my hand, turns off the shower, and pulls me out of the stall. He hands me a towel, and we dry ourselves with minimal effort, our eyes roaming, never leaving the other’s body.


Determined

We stumble into his adjoining bedroom, our passage made a little more difficult because we are incapable of keeping our hands to ourselves. As we reach his bed, he pulls lightly on my hips, urging me to sit. “Sure you want this?” he murmurs, his thumbs rubbing my inner thighs.

I can’t help but chuckle breathlessly as I reach down, moving his palm to my straining erection. “Yes,” I answer simply.

He whispers, “Thank God,” just before I feel wet heat wrap around my head.

“Oh, fuck.” The curse slips from my lips as my fingers tangle in his hair.


Bliss
My eyes are transfixed on Edward, unable to tear away from the sight of my cock slipping in and out of his wicked mouth. His tongue teases and tantalizes me, but when I feel his throat constrict around me I almost lose it.
Carding my fingers through his hair, tugging at it makes him hum, sending delicious shivers down my spine. So I keep doing it.
The closer he brings me, the more I know: I need him.
Now.
It takes me several tries before I manage to convey my desires to him, but when I do I'm immediately rewarded.


Longing

“Fuck, are you sure?” Edward pants, his eyes fixed on me with a mixture of surprise and pleading. His concern makes me smile, and I reach out to cup his check.

“Please,” I murmur plaintively, not wanting to get into a deep discussion just now. There will be plenty of time for that later, and this is one chance I don’t want to miss.

He groans loudly and presses me back onto the bed. Our bodies are already slick with sweat once again, making my hands work to find purchase on his ass as he reaches for his bedside drawer.


Anticipation
The sexual tension between us is palpable – growing more so by the second as Edward works to prepare me. The care he takes is in direct contrast to the need we both feel for what's about to happen.
The second his fingers brush over my sweet spot, something in me snaps. I start babbling – pleading with him, “Just fuck me already, please, please... Need you... oh, God...”
I'm barely aware of Edward shaking his head, chuckling nervously as he prepares himself.
Spreading my legs further, he aligns our bodies, letting me feel his weight as he stares into my eyes.


Connection

His gaze never leaves mine as he presses forward, letting me feel every bit of him, inch by inch. Something in his eyes keeps me from urging him again to move faster, even though the sting of his penetration makes me crave what I know is only moments away.

When his hips are flush against mine, he pauses and leans down to kiss me thoroughly. No words are exchanged as his arms slip under my shoulders, his hands gripping tightly.

His hips rock away and return, driving him even deeper. My eyes roll back in my head as I moan.


Rush

The look on Edward's face is incredible – it's as if he can't quite believe we're doing this. And as if he wants to stay here – with me – forever.
I recognize that look, because I'm sure he's seeing the same one in my eyes.
When I look into his eyes, it's like looking into my future. The thought of that sends a thrill through me and only adds to the rush I already feel at even being here. Doing this.
One night stands have never been my thing.
They never will be, either.
When his hips speed, I start babbling again.


Flood

My arms wrap around Edward tightly, squeezing his waist as my fingers grasp his ass. I just can’t seem to get close enough. I crave the feeling of his hips rocking against mine, his breath brushing my neck, his stubble roughing up my jaw.

“Fuck, you’re…” My voice breaks off as I moan loudly, my head pressing into the pillow as my eyes flutter closed. “Just like that…” I continue breathlessly.

His swollen lips capture mine, our tongues dancing as my nails dig into his skin. He drives harder, faster, and my muscles tense as my orgasm rocks my body.


Join
Edward's lips pull away just long enough and far enough to mutter a breathless, “Oh, fuck...” before they're attached to mine again, even more ferocious this time. It isn't long until I feel his muscles lock and his cock spasm inside of me as he finds his release.
He raises his head to look at me dazedly, incredulously. Reverently. A soft smile forms, his mouth opening and closing several times as he attempts to speak. His voice is hoarse and cracks. “That... that... wow...”
Letting my hand trail lazily from his ass up to his cheek, I smile, whispering, “Yeah...”


Tender

Before the word has really left my lips, Edward kisses me again. This kiss is slow and sweet, filled with something much more meaningful than I would’ve expected given how long I’ve known him.

When he pulls away, it isn’t to go far. He slips out of me and rolls onto his side, pulling me with him. He brushes my hair back from my forehead and smiles. “Jasper, I…” He trails off, biting his bottom lip.

“What is it, Edward?” I whisper.

His expression turns shy. “This may be forward, but... tell me we can try to make this work?”


Meld
Staring into his eyes, I feel like I'm drowning in the best possible way as I realize that he feels it, too. This... wondrous, inexplicable, utterly impossible connection between us.
And, like me, he doesn't want to give it up.
His fingers play idly with a few locks of my hair as he waits for my answer.
I try, for just a second, to imagine walking away. To think what it would mean if I were to simply get dressed and go home.
I can't.
There's an instant hollow ache just at the mere thought.
I smile, cupping his cheek.  


Meld

“Please,” I answer simply, slipping my hand into his auburn hair as I pull him close for a deep kiss.

I know there are hundreds of conversations we need to have, starting with some of the most basic, and I find myself looking forward to each of them. There’s so much I want to know about Edward, and I feel an excitement that’s been missing for so long.

When we part, he hums softly and then opens his eyes. “So when’s your birthday?” he asks, chuckling when I laugh.

I answer, amazed that we seem to be so in sync.


Invitation
We spend hours in bed, talking, touching, learning. It feels like we've done almost nothing but talk all day long, yet there's still so much ground to cover.
It isn't until my stomach growls that Edward looks at the clock and laughs. He turns to me with amusement glinting in his eyes. “Would you go to dinner with me, Jasper?”
Checking the time myself, I snort. Exactly twelve hours ago, we were having breakfast. It feels like it's already been a lifetime.
“Sure, but...” I glance meaningfully at our running clothes, scattered on the floor.
His eyes roam my body.


Future

Rolling up the sleeves of the button-down I borrowed from Edward, I feel a strange sense of belonging. He steps up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist as he kisses my neck. “It looks good on you,” he murmurs.

I smile, turning in his arms. “Feels good,” I answer, meaning so much more than the shirt.

His smile is slow and complete. “Yeah, it does.”

Our kiss carries promises, hints of what is to come for us. I know it’s too early to say where we will go, but this is one journey I don’t want to miss.

3 comments:

  1. This is incredible ladies. I love it so much, and to know that is the pic that inspired it, *sigh* I love you guys and am so very grateful. xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, too, sweets. So much. And I'm so glad you enjoyed your boys :-) *mwah!*

    ReplyDelete