Monday, August 1, 2011

Homecoming


A/N: Happy Birthday, Mzellq! We hope you have a fantastic day.
As ever, we do not own Twilight - it owns us.
ooOoo

Long

Not much longer, I tell myself trying too avoid checking the clock again. I know what I'd see if I did look - exactly nine hours and twenty-six minutes until Jasper's plane lands.

I know because I've been checking compulsively since I woke up this morning.

Trying to distract myself, I go in search of our beagle and find her in our bedroom. Her big brown eyes stare woefully at me as she lies on the ground beside her favorite stuffed toy.

I sigh and sit on the bed, and she ambles over, nudging my hand. "You miss him, too, huh?"


Chance

Bella huffs against my hand and whines softly. I smile, scratching behind her ear, murmuring, “I know. He'll be home soon.”

She sighs and lays down at my feet even as I let myself fall backward onto the bed. Staring at the ceiling, I give a sigh of my own.

When Jasper was offered the opportunity to work in Amsterdam for a few months, with the promise of a promotion upon his return, we'd agreed we could work it out.

I just hadn't realized it would be so hard to be without him for so long.

I miss him so much.  


Ready

I let myself wallow for a few minutes before launching into action. I haven't been taking the best care of anything while he was away - including myself.

I spend hours cleaning, paying attention to cobwebs and dust I haven't really cared about. In truth, I know he wouldn't either, but it's mostly an excuse to keep myself busy and keep my mind off the fact that in a few hours, I'll be able to hold him again.

Stepping into the shower, I groan. My eyes drift closed as I imagine the feel of his body against mine.

I can't wait.


Care

Methodically washing my body, I try to force the urge to take myself in hand away. Too often over the past few months, have I had to help myself and now that Jasper's mere hours away, I don't want to do it again.

Yet my hands seem to have a mind of their own as they begin to wander and images of Jasper flash in my mind's eye.

My body too tense, I finally give in, giving myself a few hard strokes. It doesn't take me long at all before I come. The need I feel is too great.

“Jasper,” I moan.


Out

Watching Bella run around the backyard, I bounce from foot to foot impatiently. Now that the time has finally arrived, she seems to be dragging her feet.

"Come on!" I mutter under my breath as I watch her sniff every blade of grass, one at a time.

When she runs up to me wagging her tail, I sigh and give her a pet. "Good girl," I say. "Even if it did take you all day."

I swear the look she shoots me is withering.

At long last, she is back inside, and I rush out the door, my smile growing.


Race

For all that time's dragged, I find it's flying by now – especially when it seems that everything and everyone appears to be dead-set on keeping me from making it to the airport on time.

First there's an accident that blocks traffic and we end up being redirected – the long way.

Then there's roadwork.

When I finally arrive, I'm a nervous wreck, certain that I'm too late. Granted, it'd mean he's waiting for me, but I want to be there when he walks through the gate.

I all but run, pushing and shoving my way through the crowd, apologizing as I go.


Breathe

By the time I make it as far as I can through the airport, my heart is beating crazily. I check the arrival boards and relax slightly when I see that he is just touching down.

My relief is short-lived, replaced quickly by anticipation. "God damn," I murmur, letting my eyes drift closed as I indulge in an image of Jasper in my arms.

"Edward!"

I open my eyes and search out the source of his voice. Catching sight of his messy blond hair, I push my way through the crowd. He crushes me to his chest, kissing me hungrily.


Catch


We stand there for a minute or so, alternately staring at each other, or kissing – pointedly ignoring some of the commentary from people passing by.

None of it matters, because he's here again. In my arms.

Home for good.

His lips quirk, his eyes sparkle. He's fucking glowing as he whispers, “God, I've missed you.”

Kissing him, I murmur, “Missed you, too, baby. Welcome home.”

Each wrapping an arm around the other's waist, we walk over to baggage claim, talking quietly as we catch up on the latest news. As I watch him grab his things, I'm amazed at how right life feels again.


Familiar

His hand never leaves my thigh as I drive us home. His fingers brush lightly, teasingly, over my jeans, as he leans across the console to whisper, "I cannot wait to get you in bed..."

I chuckle, biting my bottom lip and pressing the gas as I listen to his promises.

When we step in the door, Bella's waiting. She jumps, her front paws on Jasper's knee as her whole backside wiggles.

"Aww, I missed you, too," he laughs as he leans down to pet her. Sighing, he glances up at me. "Guess we should go for a walk first."


Wait

I can't contain my groan, but all it does is earn me two sets of pleading eyes: Jasper's and Bella's. Though I'm almost certain hers hold a look of reproach in them, too.

Closing my eyes to gather myself, I take a deep breath and nod, my hand automatically reaching for Bella's leash on its hook.

Bella's bark of approval has us both laughing. Jasper takes the leash from me and before we've even really come home, we're out the door again, hand-in-hand and heading for Bella's favorite trail.

Jasper leans in and whispers, “We've waited this long. I promise, it'll be worth it.”


Peace

My urge to pout fades the longer we walk. Having Jasper by my side again just feels so right that I take the chance to really appreciate it.

When we reach the park, he lets Bella off her leash and spends a few minutes playing fetch with her. She’s beside herself, jumping and wiggling and barking. She even knocks him over and licks his face relentlessly, making him laugh too hard to defend himself.

“Thanks,” Jasper chuckles as I help him to his feet. Instead of dropping my hand, he tangles our fingers and pulls me close to kiss me.


Slip

We watch Bella as she sniffs her way along the trail again. It's surprising how easily we slip into old habits again, even after having spent the last four months apart. It's almost as if he never left.

Almost.

As soon as we walk through the front door again, it's painfully obvious how long it's been – literally. I'm aching for him, my need to see, feel, touch, and taste him again spiraling quickly.

It's the same for Jasper, who makes quick work of kenneling Bella before dragging me to our room without so much as a word.

We're long past speaking as we kiss.


Need

Jasper’s hands are so sure as he unbuttons my shirt. He kisses me with confidence and some amount of possessiveness. It makes me smile.

His lips curve against mine in a smile of his own as he guides me across the room until my back is pressed against the bedpost. There, he kisses down my neck, whispering love and devotion mixed with promises so wicked they make me shiver with anticipation.

A cool breeze meets my skin as my clothing falls away, replaced instantly by his hot mouth as he claims every inch of me.

“God, you’re perfect,” I breathe.


Know

Jasper's every touch ignites me in both new and familiar ways. New, because it's been too damn long, and familiar because it's Jasper. My partner of the last seven years. My love.

My eyes close automatically as he relearns my body, paying tribute to every little landmark he knows and reverently passing his lips along new ones, like the scar from my appendix surgery two months ago.

I'm completely lost in sensation when he finally takes my cock into his mouth.

Heaven.

Jasper hums. My moan grows louder when he presses a finger into me.

“God, Jazz... missed you, baby, please...”


Flow

Our bodies are fluid, moving and melding together as if we haven’t spent a day apart. Before we even hit the sheets, Jasper has me panting.

As soon as he’s on his back, I slide down his body. Licking and sucking hungrily, I moan at the taste of my man. He exhales heavily, shivering as both his hands grab my hair. I smile against his skin and wonder if this is one of my many fantasies over the last few months.

He proves it isn’t when he yanks me up and rolls us over, pinning my arms over my head.


Beg

His kiss is fierce, demanding. Welcomed. He pulls away only far enough to whisper hoarsely, “Ed, please, please let me-”

Raising my chin, I cover his lips with mine to stop him talking.

He moans.

“Jasper, I swear to God, if you don't hurry up and fuck me right now...” I threaten, all heat behind it lost by the gravel in my voice.

“Love you.”

I buck my hips. “Love you, too. Please, Jazz.”

Within seconds, he presses into me. We both moan, arching into each other, relishing the connection. Once he's fully sheathed, I feel something deep in me shift into place again.


Soul

Our frenzy fades, replaced by a smoldering passion as our eyes lock. Jasper kisses me again and again, adding spice and honesty to the movement of our bodies.

When he releases my hands, I let them slide down his back to grasp his ass, trying desperately to pull him closer. I’ve known for years that he is the one for me, but our time apart has solidified everything for me.

I don’t want to let him go. Ever.

I can’t.

Gazing into his eyes, I smile, and he returns it with a whispered, “You are my life.”

“And you’re mine.”


Peak

All too soon I feel that long missed, familiar tension build inside of me – something that's just never the same when getting myself off. Something that's singularly there with Jasper.

Soft moans, whispers of love, promises of what's to come all mix in the air, flowing from one to the other as we both get closer and closer.

Jasper comes first but keeps going until I follow after him seconds later, crying out his name.

When I'm with it again I see him watching me with awe, love, and devotion shimmering in his eyes.

“Marry me?” he whispers reverently, cupping my cheek.  


Stunned

“What?” I ask stupidly.

His chuckle is breathless as he runs his thumb over my bottom lip. “Marry me, beautiful… please.”

“Really?” As soon as the word leaves my lips, I wince, wishing I could take it back.

Jasper just smiles, though. “Yes, really. I meant to wait until I had a ring, but I just… this is just so right.”

His arms tighten around me, and my smile beams across my lips as I realize he’s serious – and I want it more than I ever knew. “God, yes… yes…” I whisper, pressing him into the mattress as we kiss.


Elated

I can't stop smiling – or kissing him, making him laugh as he runs his fingers through my hair affectionately. I don't think I've ever been this happy, and I tell him so.

He grins. “Good, because you just made me the happiest man on earth, too.”

We talk excitedly for a while, exhaustion forgotten in the wake of his proposal. Suddenly, the relative quiet surrounding us is interrupted by enthusiastic barks from Bella.

Jasper laughs. “Sounds like she's happy, too.”

I nod. Bella's always sensed Jasper's emotions, and right now, they're easy to tell – happy and complete.

Just like me.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much, loves! This was beautiful... Truly. I have tears in my eyes. You captured my own time-sensitive anxiety perfectly, and to know that they really *can* be married now, in the real world in which they're written, is amazing.

    I am so grateful for your time and every letter that was put into this. It was the best end to what has been a very good day.

    Xoxoxo,

    MzEll

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww yay! So happy you liked these two. Even happier to know you had a good day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was completely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete