Monday, January 10, 2011

Eye Candy - chapter 10 - Retreat

He stares in disbelief before his lips turn up into an impish smile. "Completely legal," he answers with a wink.

He walks toward the ocean, brushing sand from his elbow. Just before his toes hit the surf, he glances over his shoulder. "You coming?"

I swallow hard, forcing down apologies and indignation. I manage a smile and scratch Odin behind the ears. "Be a good boy, okay?" I whisper, getting rid of my shirt and flip flops.

We play in the waves, splashing and diving while Odin barks.

"How 'bout you let me buy you that beer?" Edward asks finally.



2 comments:

  1. Jasper looks so uptight:) It's fun to read.

    And the image you give of Edward is very playful: "his lips turn up into an impish smile. "Completely legal," he answers with a wink"

    i love it!!

    TY!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh cheeky, naughty Edward.

    ReplyDelete